Saturday, April 3, 2010

Making the Grade

I recently made a "bucket list" of things I wanted to accomplish in my life. Graduating with honors has been on that list for a long time now. I vividly remember graduating high school and watching people around me stand up as they announced the different honors. From that moment forward I knew that someday I wanted that to be me. I regret the fact that I didn't give more effort in high school, but obviously that's in the past. Graduating college with honors was a way to prove to myself that I have potential. Potential to be the best.

When my best friend died only a month away from graduating with honors herself, my desire to graduate with honors was only amplified. I've been dedicated to my education and giving everything I can to maintain my GPA. Ironically, when my fiancee passed away I lost that focus. I barely passed 2 classes that I took right after his death...

All hope has not been lost. I can still graduate with honors as long as I pass all of my remaining classes with an "A". I've come too far to give up now. I was aiming to graduate Summa Cum Laude (3.75) but considering the circumstances and everything I have fought through, I think it's fair to say that I would be extremely proud to graduate Cum Laude with a 3.6. I won't know for sure if I can graduate with honors until my last class is over in December....

To Be Continued...